Monday, April 2, 2012

Six months later...

Well here's something I haven't done for a while... made a blog post. Better late than never, I suppose :)

So, a lot has happened in the last six months since I made a post. Far, far too much to write about everything here. Some things I probably could write about, and some things it would be a little tasteless for me to post on the internet. So, let's just settle for a brief overview:

Back in December, I finally made it back to work after being out from the foot surgery. It was a great feeling to finally get out of the house again, and be back into the regular flow of my life. My recovery went smoothly after the incident at the beginning (I talked about it in my last post). I have to thank my family for being totally awesome in helping me out - I always felt bad asking them for things, because I don't want to be a burden, but they always helped me out with a smile, and always reassured me that it wasn't a problem. So, to all my family and friends who helped me, thank you. Seriously. I wouldn't have gotten by without you (yeah, cheesy, but it's true!).

Boss eBand JS-8 Audio Player
Basically, after coming back from my surgery, work and school have been my life. Haven't had any time for art, really, that's kind of been on the back burner for a while. Guitar is still a necessity, however :). Recently, my Mom gave me an awesome piece of equipment that has been amazing to use - it's the Boss JS-8. Guitar amp, music player, recording interface, metronome, plays beats from any genre of music... You name it, and this baby can do it. I have yet to use it to it's fullest potential, but I know that I'm going to be using it for a long, long time. Going into a full list of specs and features might take too much space here, so I'm not going to write it all out. But, if you're in the market for an awesome amp that can record too (over a USB interface, no less!), DEFINITELY check this guy out. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Speaking of the USB recording interface, I've actually been using the JS-8 to start recording and uploading some videos to youtube! So now people can actually hear me play, see me play, and I can get some solid feedback from all of you out there on the net :).

Here's one of the videos I recorded. The first one, in fact. This song is called "Passion" by All That Remains. It's off of one of their earlier albums - This Darkened Heart (2004). Definitely check this album out if you get the chance. But first, the song --

 Yeah, I made a few mistakes in there. But let me know what you think!

So, now I'm actually off work again for a couple months. I just had the same surgery on my left foot a couple days ago, and it looks like the doctor wants me to take until August 1st to fully recover - which is much longer then I thought it would be. But, that means plenty of time on my hands to focus on school, guitar, and... actually keeping up with making blog posts!

Until next time,
--Will

No comments:

Post a Comment