Friday, July 8, 2011

Let's get started...

Hello, everyone! Alright, so last week, I pulled out my sketch book (after a few years of collecting dust) and decided to see what I could put down on the paper. I pulled out my How to Draw 1 book that I'd received for Christmas a few years back, and managed to draw what resembles an apple... Not totally satisfied with it, but I don't think it's too bad.

Last night, I decided to give it another go. Using the same book, I sketched out some holly berries and some tulips. The shading on the tulips didn't go nearly as well as I'd hoped. One of the problems I've always had is with good shading techniques. Practice makes perfect, though. I'll upload those pictures to the gallery in a little bit. Overall, I don't think I'm off to a bad start, but I've got a long ways to go to reach my goal. Definitely not producing anything that I feel comfortable signing, yet. Hopefully I'll be up to drawing some more tonight after I get off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment