Friday, July 22, 2011

Almost two weeks later...

...I finally get some more drawing done =).

It's been a couple busy weeks. Camp was excellent, as always, and I can't wait to go back next year. I didn't end up doing any drawing while I was up there. I was much too busy with other things, and frankly, a little skittish about attempting the beautiful scenery of the forest. I almost thought it would be sacrilege to try and capture it, being the beginner I am.

I just got back from a four day retreat with my girlfriend, which was a much needed vacation from things. Watched some movies, relaxed, went swimming (she swam, she's teaching me how), and art. We joked about having our little arts and crafts corner - she does a lot of awesome knitting projects. I admire the quality of her work, quite often, and hope that she admires mine as well ;).

Anyway, I've placed the latest drawing of mine in this post, and updated the gallery as well. This one took me a couple of hours to complete, and I remembered why drawing hands are so. freaking. hard. I had actually intended for her to have her right hand stretched above her head, but I simply couldn't get it right. So, I decided (with a little convincing) that it should just lay at her side, out of view. I felt a bit daring, attempting this piece. I hadn't touched my book on Female Figures at all, out of sheer intimidation, but decided to go out on a limb. And, I have to say, that I am very pleased with the outcome =).

Let me know what you think!

--Will

No comments:

Post a Comment